Twelve things I have never said
2. Let's not go into that stationery shop and look at coloured pens. Let's go and buy some garden shears.
3. Pff! Elastic waistbands? But why?
4. No salted nuts for me, please. Dinner's only half an hour away.
5. Go cycling after Sunday lunch? Oh, darling, you have the BEST ideas!
6. I know, I know, the bookshelves are stuffed to perdition. I'll get rid of some.
7. I really think we should go on a mountaineering holiday this year.
8. Go on the bus? Boring or what?
9. You know, I really think this plunge-neckline figure-hugging sequinned ballgown suits me. Especially when I run.
10. Oh, how I love getting up at 6 every morning for work. So invigorating. And just listen to that birdsong!
11. You're right - there really are too many soft toys around the house.
12. Let's put mirrors in all the rooms. I need more opportunities to see myself sideways.