Evidence that embarrassing yourself on public transport could be a family trait

So many people asked, 'How's the Japanese Student?' when the earthquake hit that I thought I'd let you know that the Younger Daughter, currently studying Japanese, was in England at the time.  She's just gone back to Hiroshima Uni, ironically one of the safe places to be, it being in the south of Japan.

Anyway, she's written a funny post about her journey back to Japan and in it she even freely acknowledges that I am her mother.  This is an unbelievably rare and proud moment (whaddya mean, 'I bet!'), so I want to share it with you, if you'd like to look.

Evidence that embarrassing yourself on public transport could be a family trait

Well, I'm terribly sorry, but I can't really help you with that.  Inherited diabetes or allergies, yes, but ... inherited humiliation on public transport's not really my speciality.

Comments

  1. You must be sooo proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't want to boast but my daughter and two friends once went on a long London (I think it was London) bus journey dressed as Oompa Loompas. Orange faces and green wigs and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should add that they were going to a fancy dress party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw so funny! I sense your pride. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Fran, do you do hand-shadow-puppets on your bus trips? If so, perhaps some photos are in order ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now we know there are two on the loose, using public transport!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Evidence that Fran is still around

Reasons why Fran is desperately in search of earbuds

Evidence that Fran is looking forward to winter