Why I don't mind, just once, a misspelling of Creative
Now I have to nominate seven others to receive the same misspelling (whoops, I said it). I can't guarantee that these are the same people I did/did not nominate last time I was asked to play this game. Don't shoot me. And also don't shoot me if you don't like getting awards. It's totally up to you whether to send it to anyone else. And this list is very much a mixture: languagey blogs I love because they talk about apostrophes and stuff, funny blogs I love because they make me laugh, a new blog I've discovered and really like because she likes all the books I like, and one very clever blogger who posts all kinds of intellectual arty stuff I can't fathom and then some fab creative writing - more please, you know who you are.
Have fun working out which is which. I hope you find something you like.
Now, according to the rules, I have to tell you 7 things about me. So here are 7 things that are on my desk right in front of me:
1. a box of address labels - Husband makes jam and puts them on the jam jars. Then he writes in very scrawly, tiny script, 'Gooseberry jam' so then I have to put another one over the top and write, 'Gooseberry jam'. Eventually, we get there.
2. An orange highlighter which I used to highlight some important quotations on a handout about Virginia Woolf for my students. Then I photocopied it, and realised that the highlighter came out as black stripes. All the important quotes were blanked out.
3. Brainy Bear. Brainy Bear is a bear (let's get the obvious stuff over with first, eh?) and he is dressed in the graduation gown and cap I should have worn 8 years ago when I got my degree but didn't because I didn't go to my graduation. Actually, he's not wearing the one I should have worn, strictly, because what he has on would only have fitted on my ankle. He has one in his own size. My daughter bought him for me when my family finally realised I meant it about not going to my graduation and dressing up in all that muck. I did a day's temping instead.
4. A coaster to put my coffee cup/wine glass/meths bottle on. I don't usually use it because I like the picture too much, so there are cup/glass/bottle marks on the desk instead. The picture is of a man, only the whole of his middle is missing, so it's just the edge of a man, and the caption says, 'Never eat a hole'.
5. Cup/glass/bottle marks. You know why.
6. A dog pencil sharpener my daughter bought me (yeah, same daughter). Only, where you have to put the pencils seems a little unkind, so I just use him as an ornament and keep all the pencils blunt.
7. A hand-written list of all the bloggers' names I have nominated, because I didn't know how to find them on my bloglist and add them to this post, so I had to look up all the blogs and write them down, then open up this post again, then type them out. Don't say I never show affection.
There are fourteen other items on my desk, but I will keep to the rules and save that fascinating information for another time. I know, I know. You can't bear the suspense.