Evidence that Santa's emotional health is still fragile
Convention would demand that I begin this letter by saying how pleased I was to hear from you. This being far from the case, however, forgive me for
Most people begin each year making New Year Resolutions, often ones which they have not been able to conquer the previous year. It is the same, alas, for me. Each January, I resolve not to give in to the
I have been trying to cope without the tablets and rely just on the weekly therapy sessions, the head massages, the reiki treatments and a warm bath with candles each night, and until this morning, these seem to have kept me level.
And then the
At the risk of sounding repetitive (your letters have been arriving yearly since 1974, so it's not easy), I would like to state that I
1. Flannel Pyjamas and Physical Attraction: the Link
2. Going Grey with Allure
3. Doughnuts with a Hole in the Middle: the new Diet Sensation
4. Top Ten Tips for Making Upper Lip Hair your Best Feature
5. Jimmy Choo Shoes and Swollen Ankles: This Year's Fashion Combo
6. Knit your Own Drop-Dead-Gorgeous Winter Cardigans
7. Johnny Depp's new book: 'Not Meeting Fran Hill: My Regrets'
8. Exercise and Early Death: the Hidden Connections
9. Double Cream with Everything: the New Shock Menopause Remedy
10. Keira Knightley's new book: 'Not Looking Like Fran Hill: My Regrets'
I hope this will be the last time I hear from you. I have had elves in tears this morning, having recognised the writing on your envelope. They too remember 2010, the year of my nervous breakdown while I tried to source the Build-Your-Own-Clooney kit and the Low-Calorie-Treacle-Tart for you among other impossibly difficult requests.
It's not something I wish to go through again.
I hope your Christmas
|Fran's request for the self-help book 'Slim While You Slump' had also been refused|
(You can read other Santa Writes to Me posts right here)