new beginnings

It's all about new beginnings at the moment. I have a new job, a new house, new surroundings, new neighbours. The only thing that isn't new is that I still need to sleep for approximately half an hour in the afternoons. This does cause problems when it's during Period 6 in term-time, but when I'm on my hols, as now, it's okay. I justify my nap to any family around as 'listening to my Ipod'. What actually happens is that I listen for 36 seconds before falling asleep. Today, I selected a documentary I'd downloaded about time and the way we perceive it. It began with the slow ticking of a clock and a woman saying the word 'time'. This is the point at which I sank into a deep sleep. I woke up to the closing credits ... 'That was a documentary made by Wide Awake Productions'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evidence that Fran is still around

Reasons why Fran is desperately in search of earbuds

Evidence that Fran is looking forward to winter