Evidence that, for one thing, Fran's going to leave litter where it is
1. A child at school barged through a door rather than holding it open for me, so that I had to stand aside, and I apologised and thanked him automatically.
2. On my way to an A level class, I picked up three chocolate bar wrappers and a sandwich wrapper in a school corridor, intending to find the nearest bin, but then couldn't see one. I arrived at my lesson clutching the sheaf of wrappers, looking as though I'd binged on fast food between the English Department and the Sixth Form Centre. And I felt as guilty as if I had.
3. In bed one night this week, I dreamt about a giant wooden spider - imagine an arachnoid Trojan Horse, with elbow joints - and woke myself up yelling 'Aarrrggggh!'
4. I was on a train from London to Leamington Spa and an elegant* lady sat next to me, trim and fashionably-dressed. I tried not to doze off, but I did, and woke with a sudden snort. To her credit, she didn't move a muscle in response.
* How come elegant rhymes with elephant?
5. I told a joke to some people which didn't come out right, but they were really kind about it and laughed a lot, which made me feel worse.
6. I tried to take my first ever selfie with my mobile phone while I was on a train, but was so horrified by the image I saw, whatever angle I tried, that I decided against it, then accidentally took a photo of the back of a seat instead.
7. I got lost in London because I failed to see the Post Office Tower.