You know you're Proper Middle-aged when ....
1. Your 93 year old Granny says, 'Oooh, really? Will you really?' when you tell her how old you'll be next birthday.
2. People you've been feeling sorry for in the bus queue then insist you get on the bus before them.
3. You bend down to pick up a sock and try to do three other things at that level (pick fluff off carpet .. switch on a plug .... feel under the radiator for that lost button) before getting back up.
4. You feel proud of yourself for finding out how to use 'Crop' on your mobile phone pictures, barely a year since you learned to take an actual photo.
5. You think about contacting someone who taught you at school and then realise they'd be 109.
6. You visit a city centre on a Saturday and wonder if it's all on fast-forward.
7. You root for the ones with grey hair on Masterchef.
8. You understand, finally, why they say, 'Mind the gap' on the Tube network.
9. People start sending you birthday cards with pictures of gardens and a lone watering can.
10. You find yourself saying, 'Why did I come in here?' But it's the bathroom ...
|... but hopefully the RIGHT bathroom|